I don’t make resolutions. I only make goals. This year, I’ve set the goal to be a happier, healthier me- mind, body, soul.
Food would be a big part of living healthier. I tend to go to lighter fare, but can find myself seeking sweets. All. the. time. Cold fruits get slightly monotonous for me, so I’m always seeking something healthy, easy to pack, and delicious. Finding myself without a dehydrator (would use too much counter space, I have to improvise. Baked Apple Chips. Recipe/DIY at bottom.
2 of your favorite apples
1 cup of apple juice
Cinnamon (for taste)
Tools: Mandoline Slicer, cookie sheets, cooling racks (parchment paper)
1. Slice your apples into the thinnest slices your cutter allows.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper (trust me, this will save sticky scrubbing later)
3. Soak in apple juice with cinnamon in a bowl for 20 minutes
4. Line apples onto cooling racks without overlapping.
5. Put cooling rack onto cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 25 Minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Turn heat off, open oven to cool it a bit, and keep an eye on the apples.
8. When apples are dry, take off racks and enjoy or put in seal-able container for fresh keeping.